VueScan

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Katie Bretsch

VueScan

Post by Katie Bretsch »

I've had good luck with Vuescan and have the Pro account, also. If you have a scanner with what they call "a low installed base", i.e. not many out there, then you have to understand his choice not to put major effort into supporting it. I've got a road warrior type Pentax stick scanner for getting incidental stuff into digital form, which he doesn't support and probably never will because it is an odd product and people using it are not looking for super fine control, anyway. My Epson Perfection flat bed he supports well. I'm fine with that. He could never do what he does if he wasted time schmoozing, either, and I don't expect it.
Gnarlodious

Re: VueScan

Post by Gnarlodious »

On 8/27/08, Katie Bretsch wrote: > He [Ed Hamrick] could never do what he does if he wasted time schmoozing Then it is surprising he wasted so much time with verbose emails accusing me of "software piracy" when I demanded a credit card refund. In fact, he seemed a lot more worried about piracy than about his software not working. He did not believe me and accused me of lying to get my $70 back (for the Pro version) after he delivered a serial number. But then, many programmers are paranoid and have no social skills. Put those together and it doesn't add up to a very satisfying experience. -- Gnarlie