Text related problems

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Don McBride

Text related problems

Post by Don McBride »

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this forum. I looked at Hagen's manual did a search in this forum and help but can't find the answer to some problems which I've been having I think since the version with layers was released. It's been some time and I thought I might get use to what it was doing, but have not and it has become very annoying. 1. When you start entering text it seems to put you in a mode when erasing gives you a checker board pattern (like transparency) but clicking with the transparency tool won't delete it. Changing the transparency color doesn't help either. 2. You can clear a text entry with cmd-Z without going to another tool first. 3. Sometimes when changing color for text you have to use that color with another tool, before it will take effect in text. 4. Text is sometimes washed out . May be when it is trying to dither with a limited color pallet in a gif, but I don't recall this happening a year or so ago. Some questions: 1. Is there any way to avoid these problems? If so where is it discussed in help, the manual or preferences? 2. Can I downgrade to a previous version? I don't seem to need all these new features.