Batch conversion and custom icons

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Frank Nordberg

Post by Frank Nordberg »

I guess I'm getting senile, but can anyody remind me how to keep GC from adding custom icons to batch converted files? I can't find it in the manual and the only option listed in the Icon/Preview prefs doesn't seem to do anything at all. Frank Nordberg http://www.musicaviva.com P.S. Maybe I should introduce myself since I'm farily new to this list: My name's Frank Nordberg and I'm from Norway. I've been using Graphic Converter for varius jobs since version 4.04. Currently I'm working on a series of ebook editions of old publications which means a *lot* of bulk processing of scans.
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

Hey Nordberg from Norway, probably if you open the Extended Preferences>Convert>Icon/Preview and deselect "Only if one doesn't exist". Worth a try. -- Gnarlie
Frank Nordberg

Re: Batch conversion and custom icons

Post by Frank Nordberg »

Gnarlodious wrote: > Hey Nordberg from Norway, probably if you open the Extended Preferences>Convert>Icon/Preview and deselect "Only if one doesn't exist". > > Worth a try. Yes, I've done that and it didn't work. If that's what's supposed to do the trick, there must be some kind of minor bug in the GC code. Frank
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Please go to the extended prefs part save and uncheck the "Add resource" option. Thorsten > Von: Frank Nordberg <frnordbe@online.no> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 02:51:32 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Batch conversion and custom icons > > I guess I'm getting senile, but can anyody remind me how to keep GC from > adding custom icons to batch converted files? I can't find it in the > manual and the only option listed in the Icon/Preview prefs doesn't seem > to do anything at all. > > Frank Nordberg > http://www.musicaviva.com > > P.S. Maybe I should introduce myself since I'm farily new to this list: > My name's Frank Nordberg and I'm from Norway. I've been using Graphic > Converter for varius jobs since version 4.04. Currently I'm working on a > series of ebook editions of old publications which means a *lot* of bulk > processing of scans. >
Duane

Post by Duane »

GC 6.7.2 keeps wiping out the icons of my picture files. I have unchecked the "Add resource" in extended prefs.I have ensure that in the Extended Preferences>Convert>Icon/Preview the option "Only if one doesn't exist" is deselected.Yet the icons are removed by GC??Duane On Jun 26, 2010, at 5:09 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello, Please go to the extended prefs part save and uncheck the "Add resource" option. Thorsten > Von: Frank Nordberg <frnordbe@online.no> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 02:51:32 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Batch conversion and custom icons > > I guess I'm getting senile, but can anyody remind me how to keep GC from > adding custom icons to batch converted files? I can't find it in the > manual and the only option listed in the Icon/Preview prefs doesn't seem > to do anything at all. > > Frank Nordberg > http://www.musicaviva.com > > P.S. Maybe I should introduce myself since I'm farily new to this list: > My name's Frank Nordberg and I'm from Norway. I've been using Graphic > Converter for varius jobs since version 4.04. Currently I'm working on a > series of ebook editions of old publications which means a *lot* of bulk > processing of scans. >
Frank Nordberg

Post by Frank Nordberg »

Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Please go to the extended prefs part save and uncheck the "Add resource" > option. I had tried that too and it didn't work. But I had another look at the "Add resource fork" pref and figured it out: 1) *Check* the "Add resource fork" option 2) Uncheck "Create custom icon" 3) Uncheck "Add resource fork" That did the trick. Frank
Duane

Post by Duane »

On Jun 26, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Frank Nordberg wrote:Thorsten Lemke wrote:> Please go to the extended prefs part save and uncheck the "Add resource"> option.I had tried that too and it didn't work.But I had another look at the "Add resource fork" pref and figured it out:1) *Check* the "Add resource fork" option2) Uncheck "Create custom icon"3) Uncheck "Add resource fork"That did the trick.FrankSo, that solved the missing icon in Finder for me. But now in GC when I use "Browse Folder..." I just see a generic icon for the file.Thanks,Duane