Clipboard not compatible with GC (233)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Alexander von Below

Re: GC and Lion

Post by Alexander von Below »

Am 07.07.2011 um 12:58 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > The developers do have to add the support for the new features like > fullscreen mode (I did that with the 7.3). Right, but that is beyond "works with", it's a new feature ;) Well done! Alex
jamesrob@sonic.net

Post by jamesrob@sonic.net »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> Hello Alex,> > Yes, well written apps will work without any problem.> > The developers do have to add the support for the new features like> fullscreen mode (I did that with the 7.3).> > Thorsten> A minor quibble: your descriptions of 7.3 also say "compatible with" Lion, which I inferred meant there was some "incompatibility with" Lion in earlier versions. So, I downloaded it, and of course the default installation wipes out my earlier 6.7.x. Is there a way I can get 6.7.x back on my system?Thanks so much,Jim Robertson
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Simply redownload. Thorsten > Von: <jamesrob@sonic.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 12:58:30 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: GC and Lion > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> >> Hello Alex, >> >> Yes, well written apps will work without any problem. >> >> The developers do have to add the support for the new features like >> fullscreen mode (I did that with the 7.3). >> >> Thorsten >> > > A minor quibble: your descriptions of 7.3 also say "compatible with" > Lion, which I inferred meant there was some "incompatibility with" Lion > in earlier versions. So, I downloaded it, and of course the default > installation wipes out my earlier 6.7.x. Is there a way I can get 6.7.x > back on my system? > Thanks so much,Jim Robertson
Gary Estler

Desktop Icon

Post by Gary Estler »

Hi, Thorsten,I can't thank you enough for all the work you do with GraphicConverter. It is a great program – one I use exclusively for my graphic needs.One question – and I apologize if this should be obvious. In older versions of Graphic converter, if I created a gif or png file with transparency, the icon for that file also had the transparency which made it quite attractive. Now, however, the icon seems to have lost the transparency and shows up with a white background. Is there any way to have it display just the graphic without the white background?Regards,Gary E
thorstenlemke

Re: Desktop Icon

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Just save with custom icon. It will have the transparency. Only the default apple preview does not show it. Thorsten > Von: Gary Estler <macintoshman2@verizon.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:56:25 -0400 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Desktop Icon > > Hi, Thorsten, > > I can't thank you enough for all the work you do with GraphicConverter. It > is a great program ­ one I use exclusively for my graphic needs. > > One question ­ and I apologize if this should be obvious. In older versions > of Graphic converter, if I created a gif or png file with transparency, the > icon for that file also had the transparency which made it quite attractive. > Now, however, the icon seems to have lost the transparency and shows up with > a white background. Is there any way to have it display just the graphic > without the white background? > > Regards, > Gary E > >
Larry

Re: Clipboard not compatible with GC (233)

Post by Larry »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > Thorsten, > > How come when I copy from an image I get the warning "The clipboard contains an image in different file formats." when I try to paste it back into the SAME image? > > The About GraphicConverter lists this version as (233) rather than 7... > Robert, I noticed that too, but then it dawned on me that the "About GraphicConverter" window has two buttons, About and Credits. Mine originally defaulted to Credits which shows only the build number, but the About button shows the version number as well as the build number. Larry - Morrison, CO > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
Robert Poland

Re: Clipboard not compatible with GC (233)

Post by Robert Poland »

On Jul 7, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Larry wrote: > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> Thorsten, >> >> How come when I copy from an image I get the warning "The clipboard contains an image in different file formats." when I try to paste it back into the SAME image? >> >> The About GraphicConverter lists this version as (233) rather than 7... >> > Robert, I noticed that too, but then it dawned on me that the "About GraphicConverter" window has two buttons, About and Credits. Mine originally defaulted to Credits which shows only the build number, but the About button shows the version number as well as the build number. > > Larry - Morrison, CO Larry, You're right. I looked around a little and it looks like that is a GC 7 only feature. >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Jeffrey Lomicka

Post by Jeffrey Lomicka »

99%? Oh, you are an optimist, aren't you. I've been using Macintosh for a long time, and Lion is going to be my most difficult transition ever. Things that will hit me the hardest: - Appleworks will stop working altogether (I'm transitioning to iWork and Bento) - Intuit tells us (in a bulk e-mail I received yesterday) that Quicken 7 will never work on Lion, only "Essentials", which is not the same. - Parliant's Phone Valet doesn't work. - I still haven't made the transition to GC7 because I have a lot of Applescript scripts to check for compatibility before I switch over. - Microsoft Office requires upgrade to "2011", but "2011" doesn't work with my company's antiquated exchange server. These are just things I found out in the last few week. I'm already running the Lion seed at my day job, but even with that head start, I expect I will not be "ready" for Lion on my personal machines for another year. So, I think promoting Lion compatibility up front is important and a good thing to do. - Jeff On 7/7/11 6:41 AM, Alexander von Below wrote: > Why? 99% of all Applications are "Lion Ready" out of the box. I would expect the publisher to note if that was NOT the case, for some strange reason. > > Alex > > Am 07.07.2011 um 12:40 schrieb Seppo Malkki: >
T.L. Miller

Post by T.L. Miller »

On 7/8/11, at 8:05 AM, Jeffrey Lomicka JeffreyLomicka@comcast.net said: >99%? Oh, you are an optimist, aren't you. I've been using Macintosh >for a long time, and Lion is going to be my most difficult transition >ever. Things that will hit me the hardest: Yes, except for the initial move to OS X, this will be the worst for me. I may partition my HD and keep SL running in one partition so I can use files and apps that won't run in Lion. Maybe they will make Rosetta work again -- I sure hope so. There are apps that are occasionally important to me, but I'm not interested in spending 100s of dollars for new versions. Tom Miller .................................................. "The only time we see the middle of the road is as we run from side to side." R.O.Clark ...................................................
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "T.L. Miller" <tlmiller@...> wrote: > > On 7/8/11, at 8:05 AM, Jeffrey Lomicka JeffreyLomicka@... said: > > >99%? Oh, you are an optimist, aren't you. I've been using Macintosh > >for a long time, and Lion is going to be my most difficult transition > >ever. Things that will hit me the hardest: > > Yes, except for the initial move to OS X, this will be the worst for me. I may partition my HD and keep SL running in one partition so I can use files and apps that won't run in Lion. > > Maybe they will make Rosetta work again -- I sure hope so. There are apps that are occasionally important to me, but I'm not interested in spending 100s of dollars for new versions. > Rosetta is the killer for me. It would cost me far more to upgrade Office than to buy Lion, never mind all the other things that would no longer work. Maybe someone will bring out a third party version or emulation of Rosetta, in much the same way that Basilisk does for System 7/8 or SheepShaver does for System 9. John.