Some very small bugs GC 5.8.0 X

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
William Teagardin

Some very small bugs GC 5.8.0 X

Post by William Teagardin »

1.) In browser if you open a GIF Animated image It will not play with the toolBar open. 2.) Also in browser tool bar the increment/decrement value whose slider is under the cursor by single digits using the left/right arrows does not work for Gamma. William Power MAC G4 800 Meg Hz 1.5 Gig RAM 120 Gig HD OS-X (10.2.8) 56Kb DialUp Modem iCab 3.0.2 X a�394 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com
Jeffrey Lomicka

Welcome me to the list

Post by Jeffrey Lomicka »

Hello all, I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm using GC as the primary way I manage photos from my digital camera, and in doing so make a lot of use of the browse and slide show tools. I also write Applescripts to automate things I do with the photos, such as make presentable web pages out of them, or turn them into PowerPoint presentations, and call on GC to do a lot of the work. I joined this group in hopes I'd find some like minded people here. Of course, I'm going to start with a bunch of questions: Is anyone else here doing any GC automation with Applescript? Is it appropriate to use the FIles area here to share Applescript routines that do things in GC? and with regard to the application itself: Is it possible to change the date format use when downloading photos from the camera? The current "dd/dd/yy" is a problem if I try to copy the files to an MSDOS or NTFS formatted disk, where "/" is not allowed in a folder name. This gets me in trouble with USB sticks, and with uploading the folders to web servers (even Mac-based ones). I think this also means it is a problem archiving to ISO9660 CDs. Also, it doesn't always sort well without leading zeros, or if photos from more than one year are in the same folder. Is it possible to change the target folder of the download? I have a folder for every year and would like to have it set to the "2006" folder. I couldn't find any relevant settings for these things in the preference panes.
thorstenlemke

Re: Welcome me to the list

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, simply use the rename feature after the download the change the names. What are the download settings? Thorsten > Is it possible to change the date format use when downloading photos > from the camera? The current "dd/dd/yy" is a problem if I try to > copy the files to an MSDOS or NTFS formatted disk, where "/" is not > allowed in a folder name. This gets me in trouble with USB sticks, > and with uploading the folders to web servers (even Mac-based ones). > I think this also means it is a problem archiving to ISO9660 CDs. > Also, it doesn't always sort well without leading zeros, or if photos > from more than one year are in the same folder. > > Is it possible to change the target folder of the download? I have a > folder for every year and would like to have it set to the "2006" > folder. > > I couldn't find any relevant settings for these things in the preference > panes. >
thorstenlemke

Re: Some very small bugs GC 5.8.0 X

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, thanks. Will be fixed for the 5.8.1. Thorsten > > 2.) Also in browser tool bar the > increment/decrement value whose slider is under > the cursor by single digits using the left/right > arrows does not work for Gamma. >
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

Entity Jeffrey Lomicka spoke thus: > Is anyone else here doing any GC automation with Applescript? While GC has great internal batch features, it serves poorly for automation. The Applescript is full of odd terminology and behaviors, so experienced scripters avoid it. > Is it appropriate to use the FIles area here to share Applescript > routines that do things in GC? I don't see why not. > and with regard to the application itself: > > Is it possible to change the date format use when downloading photos > from the camera? The current "dd/dd/yy" is a problem if I try to > copy the files to an MSDOS or NTFS formatted disk, where "/" is not > allowed in a folder name. This gets me in trouble with USB sticks, > and with uploading the folders to web servers (even Mac-based ones). Yes, that is a continuing problem. I found the best solution was to avoid GC and use Finder which results in a more cross-platform name. You could also run an Applescript on your folder to fix illegal Window characters. > I think this also means it is a problem archiving to ISO9660 CDs. > Also, it doesn't always sort well without leading zeros, or if photos > from more than one year are in the same folder. > > Is it possible to change the target folder of the download? I have a > folder for every year and would like to have it set to the "2006" > folder. I don't know. > I couldn't find any relevant settings for these things in the preference > panes. -- Gnarlie
jalomicka

Re: Folder names for camera download (was Welcome me to the list)

Post by jalomicka »

Well, yes, of course I could change the folder name to something more acceptable to DOS, but that is a tedious extra step for every download. If there is no way to change the default, I will incorporate the rename into my scripts. My camera download settings are the default, except for I enabled the prompt for IPTC caption information that is added to every file downloaded.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, this is not a GC issue. I use by default the name of the files in the camera. (The same way as download by a card reader). Thorsten > > and with regard to the application itself: >> >> Is it possible to change the date format use when downloading photos >> from the camera? The current "dd/dd/yy" is a problem if I try to >> copy the files to an MSDOS or NTFS formatted disk, where "/" is not >> allowed in a folder name. This gets me in trouble with USB sticks, >> and with uploading the folders to web servers (even Mac-based ones). > Yes, that is a continuing problem. I found the best solution was to avoid GC > and use Finder which results in a more cross-platform name. You could also > run an Applescript on your folder to fix illegal Window characters.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, what are the exact problem? I received no complains? Thorsten >> Is anyone else here doing any GC automation with Applescript? > While GC has great internal batch features, it serves poorly for automation. > The Applescript is full of odd terminology and behaviors, so experienced > scripters avoid it.
thorstenlemke

Re: Folder names for camera download (was Welcome me to the list)

Post by thorstenlemke »

So, the camera stores it on the card as xx/xx/... ? My camera numbers the images only. Thorsten > > Well, yes, of course I could change the folder name to something > more acceptable to DOS, but that is a tedious extra step for every download. > If there is no way to change the default, I will incorporate the rename into > my > scripts. > > My camera download settings are the default, except for I enabled the prompt > for IPTC caption information that is added to every file downloaded.
jalomicka

Re: Camera download folder name (was Welcome me to the list)

Post by jalomicka »

I disagree, as the individual file names of the photos are fine, it is the folder name that is a problem for DOS file systems. The name for today is "3/6/06 film 1", the "/" is not allowed on DOS file systems. This does not come from the camera card, it could not, as the camera card is DOS format. This is the name the folder created by GC in the Pictures folder of the user's home folder. Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: > this is not a GC issue. > I use by default the name of the files in the camera. (The same way as > download by a card reader).