Some very small bugs GC 5.8.0 X

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Kevin Kemball

Re: Welcome me to the list

Post by Kevin Kemball »

Hi Jeffrey & welcome. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Lomicka <JeffreyLomicka@...> wrote: > > Is anyone else here doing any GC automation with Applescript? There are a couple of people, but I'm not one, so I'll let them chime-in on their own. > Is it possible to change the target folder of the download? I have a > folder for every year and would like to have it set to the "2006" > folder. On Mac OS X, I use Image capture (in the Applications Folder), to start GC when I connect my camera. GC>Prefs>General>Digital Camera - are set mostly to ON. GC presents a download dialogue (click download). When I click download, (in the "extra prefs" screen for downloads), a save dialogue opens & the third-party app called Default Folder X comes into play and automatically selects the external drive where I store photos. Clicking SAVE in the save dialog then allows GC to download the pics from the camera and sort them into folders according to the IPTC date of the photo. Hope this helps. Cheers, Kevin
thorstenlemke

Re: Camera download folder name (was Welcome me to the list)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, please e-mail a screenshot of the download settings. I download normally to the selected folder. Thorsten > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Camera download folder name (was Welcome me to the list) > > I disagree, as the individual file names of the photos are fine, it is the > folder > name that is a problem for DOS file systems. The name for today is "3/6/06 > film 1", the "/" is not allowed on DOS file systems. > > This does not come from the camera card, it could not, as the camera card is > DOS format. This is the name the folder created by GC in the Pictures folder > of the user's home folder. > > Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: >> this is not a GC issue. >> I use by default the name of the files in the camera. (The same way as >> download by a card reader). > >
jalomicka

Re: Welcome me to the list

Post by jalomicka »

It never asks me for a folder, it always puts them in "Photos", however I see now that that is a setting. > When I click download, (in the "extra prefs" screen for downloads), a save dialogue opens > & the third-party app called Default Folder X comes into play and automatically selects > the external drive where I store photos. > > Clicking SAVE in the save dialog then allows GC to download the pics from the camera and > sort them into folders according to the IPTC date of the photo.
jalomicka

Post by jalomicka »

I uploaded my settings screen snapshot to LomickaSettings.pdf in the Files section. If I change my setting to "selected folder", it then asks me for a folder name of my choosing, which does get around the problem nicely. Being lazy, I am using the second option, which uses the current date and film number as the file name. That is what I wanted to change. By the way, I took this long to reply because 5.8 does not recognize my camera's media card. In order to get Acquire Images From Digital Camera to recognize the card, I had to go back to 5.7.3 (I don't have the versions in- between those two to try.) This is on MacOS 10.3.9 on an iBook G3 (my G4 PowerBook is in for repair at the moment). This could be a serious problem for me. 5.7.3 would acquire from the card, but 5.8 will not, same card, same day, same hour. (And yes, there are still photos on the card.) Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > please e-mail a screenshot of the download settings. I download normally to > the selected folder.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, ah - I use the system settings to get the current date. Thorsten > > I uploaded my settings screen snapshot to LomickaSettings.pdf in the Files > section. > > If I change my setting to "selected folder", it then asks me for a folder name > of > my choosing, which does get around the problem nicely. Being lazy, I am > using the second option, which uses the current date and film number as the > file name. That is what I wanted to change. > > By the way, I took this long to reply because 5.8 does not recognize my > camera's media card. In order to get Acquire Images From Digital Camera to > recognize the card, I had to go back to 5.7.3 (I don't have the versions in- > between those two to try.) This is on MacOS 10.3.9 on an iBook G3 (my G4 > PowerBook is in for repair at the moment). This could be a serious problem > for me. 5.7.3 would acquire from the card, but 5.8 will not, same card, same > day, same hour. (And yes, there are still photos on the card.)
jalomicka

Post by jalomicka »

Oh! Excellent! The "International" settings will allow me to choose the seperator, so I can choose "-" instead of "/" and be happy, and I can even make it yy-mm-dd so it will also sort the way I want. Thank You. Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: > > ah - I use the system settings to get the current date.
Jeffrey Lomicka

5.8, G3 iBook, won't recognize my camera media

Post by Jeffrey Lomicka »

You will recall that version 5.8 on the G3 iBook would not recognize my camera media, where version 5.7.3 on the same machine at the same time had no trouble with it at all. The media is mounted and visible to the Finder, but generates a "please attach a camera" error when I attempt to "Acquire". I launched 5.8, it wouldn't Acquire. Quit and launch 5.7.3, and it immediately asked about downloading images. I tried 5.8 today on my office G4, and it had no trouble at all. It recognized the media and downloaded the images. Both machines run MacOS 10.3.9. The card is an SD card formatted on a Panasonic FZ30, mounted with a "KingMax" USB2.0 SD card reader. The folder structure is NONAME with folder DCIM with folder 100_PANA that contains the photos. Also at the top level is an empty folder called MISC. I used the same camera, card, and reader on the office G4. This isn't really a big deal to me, because the iBook isn't mine, I am just using it while my PowerBook is in for repair, but I thought you might like to know that it happened. Also, it could be that a reboot of the iBook might fix the problem, but I wasn't free to do that as the owner had other applications open.