rename errors

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
prath003

rename errors

Post by prath003 »

Is anyone else having trouble with the renaming function? I think it only happens with JPEGs, but when i try to use the batch rename, i get "System error "File not found; Folder not found; (-43)" occurred in document "DSC_5201.JPG". Skip this document and continue converting?" This is a new problem for me, maybe since the last version update? Also, dunno if it's related, but today when i went to import and rename Nikon NEF files, the extension got changed to .pix, and the previews are limited to thumbnail size (the latter is an old problem that was resolved, i thought). Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Re: rename errors

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] rename errors Hello, Did you maybe enable the “Rename with Finder” checkbox? Thorsten Datum: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:03:28 -0000 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] rename errors     Is anyone else having trouble with the renaming function? I think it only happens with JPEGs, but when i try to use the batch rename, i get "System error "File not found; Folder not found; (-43)" occurred in document "DSC_5201.JPG". Skip this document and continue converting?" This is a new problem for me, maybe since the last version update? Also, dunno if it's related, but today when i went to import and rename Nikon NEF files, the extension got changed to .pix, and the previews are limited to thumbnail size (the latter is an old problem that was resolved, i thought). Thanks.              .     
Aysha Prather

Post by Aysha Prather »

noOn 8 Apr 2009, at 1:14 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello,Did you maybe enable the “Rename with Finder” checkbox?ThorstenDatum: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:03:28 -0000An: <gcmac@yahoogroups. com>Betreff: [gcmac] rename errors  Is anyone else having trouble with the renaming function? I think it only happens with JPEGs, but when i try to use the batch rename, i get "System error "File not found; Folder not found; (-43)" occurred in document "DSC_5201.JPG". Skip this document and continue converting?" This is a new problem for me, maybe since the last version update?Also, dunno if it's related, but today when i went to import and rename Nikon NEF files, the extension got changed to .pix, and the previews are limited to thumbnail size (the latter is an old problem that was resolved, i thought).Thanks.           .    
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] rename errors Hello, Many thanks for your reply. Can I please get two sample files and your rename settings? Thorsten Von: Aysha Prather <prat0058@umn.edu> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:23:00 -0500 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] rename errors     no On 8 Apr 2009, at 1:14 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello, Did you maybe enable the “Rename with Finder” checkbox? Thorsten Datum: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:03:28 -0000 An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: [gcmac] rename errors     Is anyone else having trouble with the renaming function? I think it only happens with JPEGs, but when i try to use the batch rename, i get "System error "File not found; Folder not found; (-43)" occurred in document "DSC_5201.JPG". Skip this document and continue converting?" This is a new problem for me, maybe since the last version update? Also, dunno if it's related, but today when i went to import and rename Nikon NEF files, the extension got changed to .pix, and the previews are limited to thumbnail size (the latter is an old problem that was resolved, i thought). Thanks.