Another bug? (edited)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sailormangangway

Another bug? (edited)

Post by sailormangangway »

Thorsten, Here is another possible bug. This happens on almost all of the aliases. Click on an alias in a browser window to open the image, edit the image, save the image and then look at the small preview window of the original image in a second browser and we can see the small preview for the image has been edited. Now, look at the alias's small preview in the original browser window and, of course it is not changed. Now click on Make Preview and its' preview remains the same, unedited. Now if I Rebuild and Repair Metadata the small preview is updated to the edited version. It seems strange that almost all of the metadata has been damaged. Whenever I make an alias using the contextual menu I always click on Make Preview and all is well. Why wouldn't Make Preview update the Alias's preview window? Keith
sailormangangway

Re: Another bug? (edited)

Post by sailormangangway »

Thorsten, I suppose you should just ignore this post as I don't quite know what is going on. It seems that when I batch process via the alias, the alias becomes a file, yea, It looks like I have two files instead of one alias in the folder. So let me try to figure this out. keith --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "sailormangangway" <sailormangangway@...> wrote: > > Thorsten, > > Here is another possible bug. This happens on almost all of the aliases. > > Click on an alias in a browser window to open the > image, edit the image, save the image and then look at the small preview window > of the original image in a second browser and we can see the small preview for the image has been edited. Now, look at the alias's small preview in the original browser window > and, of course it is not changed. Now click on Make Preview and its' preview > remains the same, unedited. Now if I Rebuild and Repair Metadata the small > preview is updated to the edited version. > > It seems strange that almost all of the metadata has been damaged. Whenever I make an alias using the contextual menu I always click on Make Preview and all is well. Why wouldn't Make Preview update the Alias's preview window? > > Keith >