concat

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sailormangangway

concat

Post by sailormangangway »

Thorsten, Interesting situation. I have three png documents called doc1.png, doc2.png and doc3.png. These are actually pages of a book, page 384, page385 and page386. I have convert and modify set on concat with the output as a pdf. When I do an "only vertical" concat the files are put in order doc1 doc3 doc2 so the pages show up as page384,page386 and page385. Even when I rename them as doc1, doc4, doc3 so that they are actually in a different order, I get the same output with page 386 in the middle. A second, and it has to be a bug too, is that the output, even though it is a pdf file, does not have an extension. These are png docs because that is the format I get from a download. Thanks keith ps. the prefs for pdf and convert are default except I have "keep original date after conversion" and "allow conversion to same folder" checked. gc 6.7b11, OSX 6.3
thorstenlemke

Re: concat

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Keith, Many thanks for your e-mail. Can I please get the three files? Thorsten (important note: please always include this complete email in your reply) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Zum Rohkamp 5e 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 (German) Phone: +49 5171 72202 (English) Mobile:+49 151 15772037 Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:lemke@lemkesoft.com XING: http://www.xing.com/profile/Thorsten_Lemke Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/thorstenlemke Business details: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 101500 Gescha�ftsfuhrer Dipl.-Ing. Thorsten Lemke USt.IdNr. DE813426251 ----------------------------------------------------------------- > Von: sailormangangway <sailormangangway@yahoo.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:18:11 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] concat > > Thorsten, > > Interesting situation. I have three png documents called doc1.png, doc2.png > and doc3.png. These are actually pages of a book, page 384, page385 and > page386. I have convert and modify set on concat with the output as a pdf. > When I do an "only vertical" concat the files are put in order doc1 doc3 doc2 > so the pages show up as page384,page386 and page385. Even when I rename them > as doc1, doc4, doc3 so that they are actually in a different order, I get the > same output with page 386 in the middle. > > A second, and it has to be a bug too, is that the output, even though it is a > pdf file, does not have an extension. > > These are png docs because that is the format I get from a download. > > Thanks > keith > > ps. the prefs for pdf and convert are default except I have "keep original > date after conversion" and "allow conversion to same folder" checked. > > gc 6.7b11, OSX 6.3 >