Clipboard not compatible with GC (233)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Clipboard not compatible with GC (233)

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, How come when I copy from an image I get the warning "The clipboard contains an image in different file formats." when I try to paste it back into the SAME image? The About GraphicConverter lists this version as (233) rather than 7... Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: Clipboard not compatible with GC (233)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert, Because I put the image as PICT, TIFF and PNG into the clipboard. Some other apps do support only one of this formats. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:52:17 -0600 > An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Clipboard not compatible with GC (233) > > Thorsten, > > How come when I copy from an image I get the warning "The clipboard contains > an image in different file formats." when I try to paste it back into the SAME > image? > > The About GraphicConverter lists this version as (233) rather than 7... > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > >
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

I see this too - not every time, which is odd. I must admit I find it singularly irritating, because it slows down what ought to be a simple direct process. What difference can it make when pasting back into a GraphicConverter window? Which option should one choose? Does it matter? Cannot GC decide for itself which is the correct format in which to paste a picture copied from another (and especially the same) GC window? My experience with Mac applications in the past has been that format conversion has usually been accomplished by the accepting application - so, for example, I can paste data from Excel to Numbers and vice versa, or pictures from GC into Word or Pages, without being asked for a decision. John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Robert, > > Because I put the image as PICT, TIFF and PNG into the clipboard. Some other > apps do support only one of this formats. > > Thorsten > > > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:52:17 -0600 > > An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Clipboard not compatible with GC (233) > > > > Thorsten, > > > > How come when I copy from an image I get the warning "The clipboard contains > > an image in different file formats." when I try to paste it back into the SAME > > image? > > > > The About GraphicConverter lists this version as (233) rather than 7... > > > > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > > > > > >
Seppo Malkki

GC and Lion

Post by Seppo Malkki »

Is GC compatible with Lion?Best rgdsa
thorstenlemke

Re: GC and Lion

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello a, Yes, did you check the release notes of the 7.3? Thorsten > Von: Seppo Malkki <a.malkki@bredband.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:59:42 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] GC and Lion > > > Is GC compatible with Lion? > > Best rgds > a
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Just select don't show again. Thorsten > Von: watcombeman <john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 07:53:27 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Clipboard not compatible with GC (233) > > I see this too - not every time, which is odd. I must admit I find it > singularly irritating, because it slows down what ought to be a simple direct > process. > > What difference can it make when pasting back into a GraphicConverter window? > Which option should one choose? Does it matter? Cannot GC decide for itself > which is the correct format in which to paste a picture copied from another > (and especially the same) GC window? > > My experience with Mac applications in the past has been that format > conversion has usually been accomplished by the accepting application - so, > for example, I can paste data from Excel to Numbers and vice versa, or > pictures from GC into Word or Pages, without being asked for a decision. > > John. > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> >> Hello Robert, >> >> Because I put the image as PICT, TIFF and PNG into the clipboard. Some other >> apps do support only one of this formats. >> >> Thorsten >> >>> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@...> >>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Datum: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:52:17 -0600 >>> An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Betreff: [gcmac] Clipboard not compatible with GC (233) >>> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> How come when I copy from an image I get the warning "The clipboard contains >>> an image in different file formats." when I try to paste it back into the >>> SAME >>> image? >>> >>> The About GraphicConverter lists this version as (233) rather than 7... >>> >>> >>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >>> >>> >>> >> > >
Seppo Malkki

Post by Seppo Malkki »

I checked the GC homepage and found nothing about it. The I googled  and found out from another source that 7.3 is compatible with Lion..I think an idea is to put "GC is Lion-ready" in the first line.a7 jul 2011 kl. 10.02 skrev Thorsten Lemke:   Hello a, Yes, did you check the release notes of the 7.3? Thorsten > Von: Seppo Malkki <a.malkki@bredband.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:59:42 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] GC and Lion > > > Is GC compatible with Lion? > > Best rgds > a
Alexander von Below

Post by Alexander von Below »

Why? 99% of all Applications are "Lion Ready" out of the box. I would expect the publisher to note if that was NOT the case, for some strange reason. Alex Am 07.07.2011 um 12:40 schrieb Seppo Malkki: > > > I checked the GC homepage and found nothing about it. The I googled and found out from another source that 7.3 is compatible with Lion.. > > I think an idea is to put "GC is Lion-ready" in the first line. > > a > > > 7 jul 2011 kl. 10.02 skrev Thorsten Lemke: > >> Hello a, >> >> Yes, did you check the release notes of the 7.3? >> >> Thorsten >> >> > Von: Seppo Malkki <a.malkki@bredband.net> >> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> > Datum: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:59:42 +0200 >> > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> > Betreff: [gcmac] GC and Lion >> > >> > >> > Is GC compatible with Lion? >> > >> > Best rgds >> > a >> > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Alex, Yes, well written apps will work without any problem. The developers do have to add the support for the new features like fullscreen mode (I did that with the 7.3). Thorsten > Von: Alexander von Below <alex@vonbelow.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:41:54 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC and Lion > > Why? 99% of all Applications are "Lion Ready" out of the box. I would expect > the publisher to note if that was NOT the case, for some strange reason. > > Alex >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello a, I attached two screenshots. Thorsten > Von: Seppo Malkki <a.malkki@bredband.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:40:02 +0200 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC and Lion > > I checked the GC homepage and found nothing about it. The I googled and found > out from another source that 7.3 is compatible with Lion.. > > I think an idea is to put "GC is Lion-ready" in the first line. > > a > > > 7 jul 2011 kl. 10.02 skrev Thorsten Lemke: > >> Hello a, >> >> Yes, did you check the release notes of the 7.3? >> >> Thorsten >> >>> Von: Seppo Malkki <a.malkki@bredband.net> >>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Datum: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:59:42 +0200 >>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Betreff: [gcmac] GC and Lion >>> >>> >>> Is GC compatible with Lion? >>> >>> Best rgds >>> a >> >> >