Problem with 7.3(231)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Christopher

Problem with 7.3(231)

Post by Christopher »

I am unskewing RAW files; it has worked with no problems until I downloaded the newest GC update (7.3 [231]) 1 hour ago. Now, the unskew job won't complete itself - the cursor just keeps spinning and I have to force quit GC. It isn't crashing, so I don't have a crash report, it just gets stuck. I've tried 3 unskews in the last hour and none of them were completed. Please advise - I have dozens of images to unskew in the next couple of days. Thanks.
Christopher

Problem with 7.3(231)

Post by Christopher »

Addendum: I was batch unskewing when the problem happened. I opened a single image and unskewed that and it worked with not issues, if this makes a difference.
Christopher

Problem with 7.3(231)

Post by Christopher »

Now the unskewing problem is sporadic - both during batch unskewing and single unskewing. Sometimes it works and sometimes not; I restarted GC a couple of times and the computer, but the problem persists.
thorstenlemke

Re: Problem with 7.3(231)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Which settings did you use? Can I get a sample raw? Thorsten > Von: Christopher <curlew1856@hotmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 04:57:11 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Problem with 7.3(231) > > I am unskewing RAW files; it has worked with no problems until I downloaded > the newest GC update (7.3 [231]) 1 hour ago. Now, the unskew job won't > complete itself - the cursor just keeps spinning and I have to force quit GC. > It isn't crashing, so I don't have a crash report, it just gets stuck. I've > tried 3 unskews in the last hour and none of them were completed. Please > advise - I have dozens of images to unskew in the next couple of days. > > Thanks. >
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thorsten - I'm not sure what you mean by settings- I used the unskew option while doing a batch conversion and when just opening a file and unskewing it, trying to save as .tif. I've tried to send you an example of my files through e-mail but they've been rejected - they're probably too large. How do I attach an image to messages on the forum? I don't see an option for that; I've clicked on the 'attachments' link to the left but couldn't find an option to use that function. Thanks. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > Which settings did you use? > > Can I get a sample raw? > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: Christopher <curlew1856@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 04:57:11 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Problem with 7.3(231) > > > > I am unskewing RAW files; it has worked with no problems until I downloaded > > the newest GC update (7.3 [231]) 1 hour ago. Now, the unskew job won't > > complete itself - the cursor just keeps spinning and I have to force quit GC. > > It isn't crashing, so I don't have a crash report, it just gets stuck. I've > > tried 3 unskews in the last hour and none of them were completed. Please > > advise - I have dozens of images to unskew in the next couple of days. > > > > Thanks. > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Please e-mail to lemke@lemkesoft.de There is no real size limit on my end. Thorsten > Von: Christopher <curlew1856@hotmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:39:06 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Problem with 7.3(231) > > Thorsten - I'm not sure what you mean by settings- I used the unskew option > while doing a batch conversion and when just opening a file and unskewing it, > trying to save as .tif. > > I've tried to send you an example of my files through e-mail but they've been > rejected - they're probably too large. How do I attach an image to messages on > the forum? I don't see an option for that; I've clicked on the 'attachments' > link to the left but couldn't find an option to use that function. > > Thanks.