GPS Globe Icon

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Matt

GPS Globe Icon

Post by Matt »

Page 323 of the Hagens Manual says: "If you want to set the values precisely, you should first zoom into the Google Earth image and then set a placemark with Add / Placemark.... The placemark will then be dis- played around the middle of the left-hand column. Double-click the placemark and wait until the image in Google Earth stops moving. Now transfer the GPS data to GraphicConverter as usual. Images with GPS data are displayed at the top right of the browser with a globe icon." What does "transfer the GPS data to GraphicConverter as usual" mean?
Patrick A. Timlin

Re: GPS Globe Icon

Post by Patrick A. Timlin »

--- On Mon, 9/27/10, Matt <mfwills@gmail.com> wrote: > Double-click the placemark and wait until the image in > Google Earth stops moving. Now transfer the GPS data to > GraphicConverter as usual. Beat me, but I never do it that way. I simply find my location in Google Earth, then zoom into that location tight (double clicking on the location keeps zooming you in, so I just click a bunch until I am zoomed in tight), then I switch back to GC and use the menu item to tag the selected photos with the current Google Earth location. Works every time and I never have to first mark the location or otherwise tag in in Earth first. Patrick
Matt

Post by Matt »

We're given two ways to do it, which generally means there are differences in the results from one method to the other. The manual says it can be done, so I am wondering how and why.
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, I will take a closer look at this later. We are currently focusing on the release of GraphicConverter 7. Regards, Hagen Henke Am 27.09.2010 um 22:51 schrieb Matt: > Page 323 of the Hagens Manual says: > > "If you want to set the values precisely, you should first zoom into > the Google Earth image and then set a placemark with Add / > Placemark.... The placemark will then be dis- played around the > middle of the left-hand column. Double-click the placemark and wait > until the image in Google Earth stops moving. Now transfer the GPS > data to GraphicConverter as usual. > > Images with GPS data are displayed at the top right of the browser > with a globe icon." > > What does "transfer the GPS data to GraphicConverter as usual" mean? > > >
Burkhard Hoefling

Post by Burkhard Hoefling »

>> Images with GPS data are displayed at the top right of the browser >> with a globe icon." >> >> What does "transfer the GPS data to GraphicConverter as usual" mean? The procedure described is just to make sure that the intended posiiton is in the center of the Google Earth window. Therefore "transfer the GPS data as usual" just means to use "Set GPS from current Google Earth position". Cheers, Burkhard.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Then I would suggest that the manual should say that instead, instead of a term that is otherwise unexplained. And the question about the globe icon remains, because setting from Google Earth results in the pushpin icon. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Burkhard Hoefling <burkhard@...> wrote: > > >> Images with GPS data are displayed at the top right of the browser > >> with a globe icon." > >> > >> What does "transfer the GPS data to GraphicConverter as usual" mean? > > The procedure described is just to make sure that the intended posiiton is in the center of the Google Earth window. Therefore > "transfer the GPS data as usual" just means to use "Set GPS from current Google Earth position". > > Cheers, > > Burkhard. >
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, I changed that yesterday in my manual. The chapter but will be released in a future version as the next release has an interims manual only due to too many changes in the program especially in the preferences. Regards, Hagen Henke Am 30.09.2010 um 22:51 schrieb Matt: > Then I would suggest that the manual should say that instead, > instead of a term that is otherwise unexplained. > > And the question about the globe icon remains, because setting from > Google Earth results in the pushpin icon. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Burkhard Hoefling <burkhard@...> wrote: > > > > >> Images with GPS data are displayed at the top right of the > browser > > >> with a globe icon." > > >> > > >> What does "transfer the GPS data to GraphicConverter as usual" > mean? > > > > The procedure described is just to make sure that the intended > posiiton is in the center of the Google Earth window. Therefore > > "transfer the GPS data as usual" just means to use "Set GPS from > current Google Earth position". > > > > Cheers, > > > > Burkhard. > > > > >