Image does not stay rotated

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Matt

Image does not stay rotated

Post by Matt »

I have a JPG image which, in the icon, is properly oriented. When I open it, it is rotated 90 degrees clockwise.I rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise, save it and close it.When I open it again, it is as if I did nothing. It is still oriented 90 degrees clockwise. The image is not locked.I am using a new camera, if that has any effect on how things happen. I just want to rotate it and have it stay that way.GKon 6.7.4, OSX 10.6.6
Matt

Re: Image does not stay rotated

Post by Matt »

I should add that I have a properly oriented original image. When I scale that image and save it to the desktop, the aforementioned rotation occurs and no matter what I do cannot get it to save in the correct orientation.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Did you maybe check: save with original exif? Thorsten > Von: Matt <mfwills@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:45:07 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Image does not stay rotated > > I should add that I have a properly oriented original image. When I scale that > image and save it to the desktop, the aforementioned rotation occurs and no > matter what I do cannot get it to save in the correct orientation. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Please e-mail the file. I think that it is the orientation tag. Thorsten > Von: Matt <mfwills@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:34:48 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Image does not stay rotated > > I have a JPG image which, in the icon, is properly oriented. > > When I open it, it is rotated 90 degrees clockwise. > > I rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise, save it and close it. > > When I open it again, it is as if I did nothing. It is still oriented 90 > degrees clockwise. The image is not locked. > > I am using a new camera, if that has any effect on how things happen. I > just want to rotate it and have it stay that way. > > GKon 6.7.4, OSX 10.6.6 >
Matt

Post by Matt »

Apparently, it is EXIF tags. I went in and deleted the tags, and the orientation now works properly. So where do I stop that from happening in the first place? --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > Did you maybe check: save with original exif? > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: Matt <mfwills@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:45:07 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Image does not stay rotated > > > > I should add that I have a properly oriented original image. When I scale that > > image and save it to the desktop, the aforementioned rotation occurs and no > > matter what I do cannot get it to save in the correct orientation. > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, uncheck: use original exif. So, GraphicConverter will reset the tag upon save. Thorsten > Von: Matt <mfwills@gmail.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:55:39 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Image does not stay rotated > > Apparently, it is EXIF tags. I went in and deleted the tags, and the > orientation now works properly. > > So where do I stop that from happening in the first place? > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> Did you maybe check: save with original exif? >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> >>> Von: Matt <mfwills@...> >>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Datum: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:45:07 -0000 >>> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >>> Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Image does not stay rotated >>> >>> I should add that I have a properly oriented original image. When I scale >>> that >>> image and save it to the desktop, the aforementioned rotation occurs and no >>> matter what I do cannot get it to save in the correct orientation. >>> >> > >